On either side of a trip back to Tucson, Arizona, this summer, I was able to fit in several Peace Corps work-related visits. Here are just a few highlights:
- National Wind Institute (NWI) at Texas Tech University (TTU) in Lubbock, Texas to spend some time with INAOE masters student, René Parlange Chavarría, during his month-long pilot exchange program with Dr. Beibel Ren.
- University of Arizona (UA) in Tucson, Arizona to meet with my friends at CONAHEC as well as Dr. Kelly Simmons Potter about future solar collaborations.
- University of North Dakota (UND) in Grand Forks, North Dakota to meet with Dr. Katie Davidson, Director of the UND International Center, and later, Dr. Ronald Marsh and Dr. Emanuel S. Grant in the computer science department.
- University of Minnesota (UM) in Minneapolis, Minnesota to meet with computer science student Reuben Gardos Reid and Dr. Barbara Kappler in the UM International Affairs Office.
- University of Saint Thomas (UST) in Saint Paul, Minnesota to meet with staff at the UST International Affairs Office.
I was promoting the possibility of collaborating with us at INAOE on future research projects, student/faculty exchanges, and possible CONAHEC membership. It was all a bit rushed, but I’m pleased to report that 5 future research funding proposals with international collaboration have already grown out of these two US Research Trips. Stay tuned for more to come.
Here are also a few pictures: